Tenant Relations/Housing Coordinator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Invest in Detroit. Metro Property Group is a global real investment firm with an exceptional track record of creating value for their investors. Uniquely positioned as the largest landlord in Detroit, we are growing and investing in key neighborhoods and key talent.
The Tenant Relations Officer is a key role in ensuring exceptional customer service delivery for our valued tenants. As the key point of contact with our tenants, this vital role is essential for creating a superior customer service experience for the valued residents who rent our homes.
The Tenant Relations Officer coordinates the lease application process for home rentals, including preparing rental applications and qualifying prospective tenants, as well as coordinating maintenance service requests and inspections. Monitors lease compliance and assists with collections.
|Duties:||• Greets potential and existing tenants at the service center office.
• Interviews prospective tenants and records information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
• Prepare and process rental applications and collects deposits.
• Qualifies prospective residents through verifying all information contained in the application, credit worthiness, previous landlord references, and employment history.
• Prepares lease packets and executes lease with tenant. (Additionally, prepares and execute lease renewals.) Reviews all aspects of the lease, rules and regulations with the tenant.
• Coordinates move-in and move-out dates.
• Inspect condition of properties periodically and arrange for necessary maintenance. Performs move-in, move-out and annual inspections.
• Facilitate completion of inspections and safety items, as-needed, with maintenance team.
• Ensure compliance with all annual and interim re-certifications according to occupancy policies.
• Maintain tenant files, including documenting all activity and correspondence.
• Monitor tenant compliance of lease terms, policies, rules and regulations.
• Respond to tenant complaints, concerns and requests, including possible criminal activities). Research the issue and follow up.
• Provide information and assistance to potential and existing tenants.
• Assists with collections functions; provides support for collections, delinquencies and grievance procedures.
• Refer tenant to services, housing authorities, eviction prevention programs, etc., as required.
• Attend all meetings, as requested.
• Strictly adhere to confidentiality requirements.
|Qualifications:||• High School Diploma, or equivalent is required. Some college is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 to 4 years of related experience
• Certification as an Occupancy Specialist is preferred, but not required.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to engage current customers and prospective tenants in a positive manner.
• Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
• Prior knowledge of Fair Housing laws is highly desirable.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.